Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Oh, I wish I hadn't found this recipe...

Okay, so I'm completely switching gears here. I can do that. I do that a lot. If you don't think so, go to my "Fight Like a Girl Page" and you'll see a lot of gear-switchin'.

Anyway...

So, we finished our supper last night, Hero and me, and settled in to watch our Tuesday night TV programs. (It seems like almost everything we watch regularly comes on on Tuesday nights -- thank you DVR inventor.) I've been trying very hard to stay away from sweets, chocolate in particular, but last night--oh, last night--I had a craving. Nothing sweet was in the house and I was trying to think of something to satisfy this evil craving. SO I got the bright idea to get out the old Mac and look up some quick and easy recipes. Well, I found one...really quick...really easy...and just a few ingredients that are most always on hand. It was 2-Minute Microwave Fudge. No, not the wimpy kind that you melt a few chocolate chips and throw in some marshmallow creme and chill it and then have to still spoon it out. You might as well just eat the chocolate chips and be done with it. Uh-uh -- this was the real deal, tastes just like the kind you slave over and beat forever in an iron skillet only you don't. That never worked well for me anyway.

I had my doubts, but I made it anyway, and I was very surprised. It is delicious. It hit the spot. (Probably more spots than I wanted it to hit, but anyway...)

Because I love all y'all and because I want to share, here is the recipe. The time may have to be adjusted for your microwave.


2-Minute Microwave Fudge
3 2/3 cup confectioners sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup butter (yes butter -- not margarine)
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped pecans (or I suppose walnuts would be good)

Combine and cook confectioners sugar, cocoa, milk and butter on high power until butter is melted (about 2 to 3 minutes -- 2 minutes in my microwave). Stir until smoothish -- it'll have nuts in it so no one will know if it's lumpy. Blend in vanilla and pecans. Spread into a buttered pan or platter (8"). Cool for about 15 or 20 minutes in the fridge, if you can wait. Enjoy

WARNING: May be hazardous to your hips. :D

Go ahead...make this fudge...you know you want to! Then, you can say you wish you hadn't found this recipe!

Okay, my sweets craving is satisfied...back to the healthy stuff. I think I'll go juice some veggies now.....

1 comment:

  1. ...and I guess you noticed I left a little extra in the bowl. ;)

    ReplyDelete