Monday, March 11, 2013

For My Sweet Friend...

I have a dear friend who is struggling in ICU as I am writing this. I know without a doubt that she is ready to meet her precious Jesus face to face anytime He is ready to receive her. But I'm not ready for her to leave us. My heart is breaking and my prayers are that it's not time. This is for her...

Would you stay a little longer?
I want to sit and talk with you a while
Such an awesome, lovely lady
I need to see your sweet, sweet smile.

I know you're tired and weary --
You've toiled so many years
You've mended broken hearts
And dried so many tears.

You're the one who's always been there,
Always meeting every need.
I don't know how you've done it
I want to listen and take heed.

You have so much to teach us
So much love and wisdom to share
You've been the hands and feet of Jesus
You've showed us how to care.

You love our Lord and Savior
Spread His love to all you see.
We need for you to teach us more
We need you -- please don't leave!

Would you stay a little longer?
I want to sit and talk with you a while.
Such an awesome, lovely lady
I need to see your sweet, sweet smile!


...to you, Mrs. C. I love you, my sweet sister and friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment