Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Life I Love You, All is Groovy...Well Mostly

Slow down, you move too fast
You got to make the morning last
Just kicking down the cobble stones
Looking for fun and feelin' groovy
Feelin' groovy

Hello lamppost what you knowing?
I've come to watch your flowers growing
Ain't you got no rhymes for me?
Doot-in' do-do feelin' groovy
Feelin' groovy

Got no deeds to do, no promises to keep
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep
Let the morning time drop all its petals on me
Life, I love you all is groovy


Okay, so I'm old enough to remember a 1966 Simon and Garfunkel song,  and you know what? I even had an 8-track with that song on it. Played it in my Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. Best. Car. Ever. But I digress. 


I've had this song on my mind all day. I don't really know why unless it's the fact that I've thought a lot lately about how fast time flies. And because today has been a Dory day (you know Dory, the absent minded fish on Finding Nemo?). "Follow me...Why are you following me?" Okay, sorry, there I go again.


(Have I mentioned that I now have the attention span of a three year old?)


Anyway, back to the song. I'm trying to adapt to this new lifestyle of mine. No, it's not always fun and groovy, but it is slower and different. Lots to do, but no real demands on me to get anything done by a deadline most of the time. (Hero is very patient with me and my Doryness.) I have slowed down a lot. And I start a lot of projects but never get them finished. (I can hear my daughters now..."Ha! What else is new?" I've always been a starter and not a finisher, it's just gotten worse. Like way worse. I don't just abandon my projects anymore, I completely forget about them.


I started several things today. Since insomnia is now my nightly companion, I end up sleeping too late in the morning. Then I have to have some coffee to kick-start my brain, and then I start a project, get around to some breakfast, start another project, because I forgot the first one I started, then it's lunch time, another project and...well, you see what I mean? And I take lots of breaks because the old energy level she ain't what she used to be. 


Today among other things I had some medical bills/insurance things to tend to; get to the CPA's and get our taxes finalized; cleaned out a bathroom closet (not a small task); and helped Hero plant some blueberry bushes. But I still had piles of dishes, piles of papers, piles of laundry, piles of this and piles of that (Okay, no off color humor about piles here, okay?)


Every day I wake up and say I'm going to get it all done and every day I go off on a Dory trip. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. Shoot, tomorrow, I just may find me a lamp-post and strike up a conversation and go and watch it's flowers growing! Or go kicking down the cobble stones. Who knows? But that's okay, cause "Life I Love You, All is Groovy!"


DORY ALERT: Forgot to mention that this whole post started with the song and how I've been thinking about how summer seems to be coming upon us so fast. BECAUSE...just today a hummingbird came to my front door, no doubt to remind me that it is once again time to put the feeders out -- what was he holding...a tiny tin cup???? Okay, it's very late. And I saw a lightning bug last night! Yeah, already!!! Slow down -- we're moving too fast!!!!!











1 comment:

  1. at my house, we call that AAADD. age-activated attention deficit disorder. :-)

    ReplyDelete